Please note that admission to graduate degree programs at SWOSU is two-part process. Part A is admission to SWOSU and Part B is admission to the specific graduate program you seek.
- Complete the Online Application for Admission.
- Enter 99999 in the zip code box.
- Replace the words “foreign city” in the box for your city by entering the name of your city.
- If you do not have a social security number, please leave this box blank.
- E-mail email@example.com to inform us that you have completed the application.
- Wait for a response from firstname.lastname@example.org with the SWOSU ID number assigned to you.
- Pay the non-refundable $50 Application fee – make payment after receiving your SWOSU
- . If paying with a currency other than U.S. dollars, please visit this page.
- May be paid on your behalf by a person living the United States. Please e-mail email@example.com for instructions for making this payment.
- After receiving confirmation that your application fee has been received, please upload
the following documents to our Dropbox at https://www.dropbox.com/request/VGHim3EyXJgVeUDtffwX.
- International Applicant Information Form (Click on form name to download.)
- Official College Transcripts from all previous colleges attended. If your bachelor’s degree was completed in another country, you must have your transcript and certificate evaluated "course-by-course" by a credential evaluation service such as WES or ECE or GCE. (Click on the company name to access their website.)
- English Proficiency Test Score Report: TOEFL 79 or IELTS 6.5 are the minimum scores.
- This requirement may be waived if a transcript is submitted that shows completion of at least 24 college credit hours in the United States or documents are submitted that show the completion of high school or university in an English-speaking school system in an English-speaking country.
- If you do not have an official score or you do not meet the minimal score required, apply for ESL Admission at The Language Company Center located on our campus.
- If you have a recent TOEFL score of at least 61 or an IELTS score of at least 5.5 you may study at The Language Company Center for 12 additional weeks to meet this requirement without taking the test again.
- You may also submit a test score at least 550 on the Institutional TOEFL test given at SWOSU.
- Certification of financial resources equal to at least $18,966 (U.S. currency) per year (two semesters). Use the form - Graduate Certification of Financial Resources (click on form name to download). Recent bank statements showing debits and credits and a final balance must also be uploaded to confirm that the funds committed on the certification are available.
- Copy of photograph page of passport
Contact the College of Graduate and Professional studies at firstname.lastname@example.org for information about the specific graduate program you are interested in and for specific requirements.