College is an exciting time filled with learning and fun: New Student Orientation (NSO) is here to help you adjust to life as a Bulldog once you are admitted.
We look forward to meeting you! Please read the information below for you and your family before arriving on campus. Give us a call at 580-774-3233 if you have any questions.
What to do before you come to NSO
Sessions begin at 9 a.m., Please plan to arrive around 8:30 a.m. to check in. Students will meet in the Fine Arts Center off of E. Davis Street. The Family Session will be located in the Pioneer Cellular Event Center on 7th Street, just south of the football field.
- Jot down a list of possible classes you would enjoy taking; take a look through the class schedules to get an idea. An academic advisor from your preferred area of study will help you choose at your NSO session; it's important to be flexible.
- Prepare for and take placement exams (CPT) if needed. Learn more about Choosing Freshman Classes.
- Get copies of any updated ACT/SAT scores or transcripts that you haven’t already submitted to SWOSU.
- Make note of your SWOSU Student ID number for reference; it's found on your acceptance letter.
- If you plan to live on campus, fill out a housing application and pay the $100 deposit. (You will receive more information once admitted.)
- Remind your friends to pre-register for orientation.
- Bring your immunization records and any other important medical information.
- Bring sure you have a photo ID with you!
- Be ready to have your student ID photo taken: wash your hair, wear your favorite color, etc. This picture will represent you for a while!
Dates to make note of
|July 21 – 24||Camp Duke (Cancelled for 2020)|
|July 1||Roommate Assignments Available|
|August 13||Move In Day|
|August 13||Starting Block & Project Blue|
|August 15||Mass Orientation (mandatory for ALL freshmen)|
|August 17||Class Begins!|