Welcome New Bulldogs!
You’ve been accepted so now what? Below is a checklist that will assist you in beginning your academic career at Southwestern Oklahoma State University.
- Submit your FAFSA – the Free Application for Federal Student Aidis the first step in determining qualification for loans, scholarships, work study, and other types of grants.
- Register for mandatory New Student Orientation (NSO)– you’ll learn about campus resources and register for your fist semester.
BEFORE YOUR NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION SESSION
- Jot down a list of possible classes you would enjoy taking.
- Prepare for and take placement exams (CPT) if needed. For more info, visit the Assessment Center’s website.
- Get copies of any updated ACT reports and bring with you to the session.
- Get copies of any advanced placement (AP) credit reports and bring with you to the session.
- Know your SWOSU Student ID number found on your acceptance letter.
- If living on campus, fill out housing application and pay the $100 deposit. The application can be found on the Residence Life
- Remind your friends to pre-register for orientation.
- Bring your shot records.
- Bring a photo ID with you!
- Activate your Student ID — “your DawgTag” —which will serve as your single-sign on e-mail login, Canvas login and student portal login — Here’s a video to get you started. Click the GoSWOSU icon to get to the SSO landing page. Here you will find a Sign In box.
- Students, your username will be the portion of your e-mail address before the @-sign. Your password will be the same as you use for your e-mail account.
- Consider living on campus! Find out about housing options and apply for a housing slot either online or at NSO.
- Submit immunization records either at:
- Take course placement tests (typically for math or chemistry).
- Thinking of taking some of your classes online? Use this tool to help you prepare and be successful!