SWOSU Employee Named SBA Veteran Champion
May 21, 2013
- Morgan Gould in the Southwestern Oklahoma State University Small Business Development Center in Lawton has been selected as the Small Business Administration’s Veteran Small Business Champion of the Year for his commitment and dedication in providing business assistance services to veterans.
SWOSU Receives $15,000 for National Pilot Program Tech Trek
May 20, 2013
- Tech Trek at Southwestern Oklahoma State University recently received $15,000 from the Oklahoma Experimental Program to Stimulate Competitive Research (EPSCoR) to assist in funding the week-long math and science camp for girls this summer.
SWOSU Offering 33 Summer Camps for Youth
May 16, 2013
- Southwestern Oklahoma State University has 33 youth camps taking place this summer on the Weatherford campus.
Lake Carpenter Appointment to RUSO Board Confirmed by Oklahoma Senate
May 14, 2013
- Lake Carpenter was appointed to the board of the Regional University System of Oklahoma by Governor Mary Fallin to serve a nine year term ending in 2022, and his confirmation by the Oklahoma State Senate was completed on May 13.
Summer CE Activites Planned in Country Dancing and Filipino Martial Arts
May 10, 2013
- Southwestern Oklahoma State University in Weatherford is offering two Continuing Education activities this summer.
SWOSU Team Places 17th at Great Moonbuggy Race
May 9, 2013
- A team of 11 Southwestern Oklahoma State University students studying engineering technology and computer science recently participated in the 20th annual Great Moonbuggy Race at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center in Huntsville (AL).
Teachers Closet Opens on SWOSU Campus
May 8, 2013
- SWOSU Teachers Closet is a new service available on the Weatherford campus for student and new teachers who are preparing to start teaching careers.
City of Weatherford Presented Business Partnership Excellence Award
May 6, 2013
- Twenty-seven business and higher education partnerships throughout the state were recently recognized for innovative collaborations that strengthen Oklahoma’s workforce.
SWOSU Students Tour World War I Museum in Kansas City
May 2, 2013
- These Southwestern Oklahoma State University students in Weatherford recently toured the National World War I Museum in Kansas City as part of Laura Endicott’s course at SWOSU entitled “WWI and WWII” that is offered through the SWOSU Department of Social Sciences.
Let's Talk About SWOSU Planned May 6
April 30, 2013
- The final Let’s Talk About SWOSU luncheon of the 2013 spring semester is this Monday, May 6, from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Bonny Board Room of the Memorial Student Center on the Weatherford campus.