- Students who are believed to be suicidal or unsafe to be left alone should be referred to the Red Rock Crisis Unit or the Weatherford Hospital Emergency Room.
- Kim Liebscher, 774-3776
Tamra Misak is under my supervision as a LPC candidate and can be contacted for consultation and assistance with the assessment, 774-3233, cell 405-820-3211.
Dr. Foust, who has background in mental health, can also be contacted at 774-7172.
Cindy Dougherty, 774-3057
Rick Bolar, 774-3111
- Check the birth date of the student, if they are under 18, then contact the parents and they can be included in the decision making process.
- If it is determined to use Red Rock give them a call (580) 323-6021 let them know that we are sending a SWOSU student. Ask for the Crisis Unit and the counselor will visit with you about the situation and instruct you as to what to do.
- A student can also be taken to the hospital emergency room and they can perform the assessment and determine what is best for the student. The student will be charged emergency room fees.
- Contact Public Safety for transportation their number is 774-3111. Rick Bolar’s cell is 580-650-9222. Do not personally provide transportation for the student.
- The student cannot be allowed to be alone, if they want to take come personal belongings to the Crises Unit, this is allowed but someone must be with them at all times. Often R.A.’s or student employees or a friend can wait with the student until the officer arrives.
- If going to the Crisis Unit, they should take comfortable clothing such as sweats, t-shirts, slippers and toiletries. Belts, shoe strings or draw strings are not allowed in the Crisis Unit. Towels, bedding, soap, and shampoo are provided.
- Students who go to the Crisis Unit can expect to be there 2-3 days. They are allowed visits and phone calls during appropriate times.
- Cindy Dougherty, DOS, 774-3767 should be contacted and will send out an email to the student’s instructors regarding the situation. The status of the absence (excused or unexcused) is at the discretion of the instructor.