Accounting, Computer Science, & Entrepreneurship
NASA Space Grant Scholarship
Southwestern is proud to be included in the Oklahoma Space Grant Consortium, which consists of a statewide partnership of eight universities, a cooperative extension service, state government, city government, industry, Stafford Air & Space Museum. The consortium supports programs in science, mathematics, engineering, technology, education, geography, and other aeronautics and space related disciplines throughout the state.
Southwestern has been very successful at placing students in NASA Center Internships.
- 2006 - Dennis Ferron, Computer Science - Johnson Space Center; Houston, Texas
- 2010 - Jonathan Brooks, Physics - Johnson Space Center; Houston, Texas
- 2010 - Chris Parton, Engineering Technology - Johnson Space Center; Houston, Texas
- 2011 - Jamere King, Engineering Technology - Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, Maryland
- 2011 - Matthew Stangl, Computer Science - Langley Research Center, Hampton, Virginia
- 2012 - Kelly Simon, Engineering Technology - Langley Research Center, Hampton, Virginia
Scholarships are awarded to promising undergraduates who express an interest and aptitude for a broad range of projects and research in science and education, see SWOSU student awards. Awardees are required to commit a certain number of hours each semester to supporting space-related activities within the state, such as volunteering at the Stafford Air & Space Museum, to help foster a sense of social responsibility.
Files below may require external applications or readers. If you do not have the appropriate program to open the file, download the software.
SWOSU Student Research